Monday, June 21, 2010

On Secret Journal

I find it interesting how the main character does not believe in good or evil. I agree with the notion that nothing exists in isolation. So, to rule out the whole concept altogether really stood out to me. Nothingness is a prevalent theme in this piece and I like the proposed idea of the main character that the absence of consciousness is not what nothingness is. I think that what occurs to the main character is a normal event considering the qualitative capabilities of the mind. I believe that the mind is intrinsically related to history and the essence of our being which is to adapt, communicate and think. I think that once a person assumes that they know everything and that they are knowledgeable of all they need to be knowledgeable about, there is no other option but to desire the end of their life. what would be the point of existing as a human being if the essence of what is to be human is perceived to be virtually obsolete?

No comments:

Post a Comment